[Scons-users] Recursive directories, and the ignoring of filenames.

Alistair Buxton a.j.buxton at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 13:25:07 EDT 2018

On 3 August 2018 at 18:08, Matthew Marinets
<Matthew.Marinets at kardium.com> wrote:
> To me it sounds more like you just need an emitter.
>
> The bug you described (as I understood it), is that the built-in SCons
> decider is order-sensitive. Saying [“src/a.txt”, “src/b.txt”] is different
> from [“src/b.txt”, “src/a.txt”].
>
> The simple solution, as Bill said, it to just sort your list. You can do
> this automatically in an emitter.

Then you didn't correctly understand the issue. Go and read it again.
The issue is that saying ['a.txt', 'b.txt'] is the same say saying
['a.txt', 'c.txt'] if b.txt and c.txt have the same contents, ie it
will NOT trigger a rebuild, even though it should. The way you build
the list is 100% irrelevant as this is an internal implementation
detail of scons.

--
Alistair Buxton
a.j.buxton at gmail.com