[Scons-users] Is there a plan to support visual studio 2017 in the next release of Scons?

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Tue Jun 27 10:36:24 EDT 2017

It's in the plans for the next release.
It is not low priority.
VS2017 stopped registering the install in the registry so the previous
logic (which worked for all previous VS's) stopped working.

We have a pull request now, but that requires additional python modules.

Microsoft has released a new tool vswhere.exe which can be used to locate
all VS installs.
Likely the VS2017 support will require installation of that tool.
Since it is Microsoft's official method of locating VS installs going
forward.

I believe it is installed with recent installs of VS2017, however it is
also available as a separate install.

Would you see that as a issue?

-Bill