[Scons-users] SCons, Python 3, and D

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Thu Jun 8 05:42:50 EDT 2017

In case anyone has missed recent news, SCons seems now to work without
any problems using Python 3 (the one true Python – until Python 4,
obviously). I am using Python 3 to run all my SCons D builds.

Obviously this relates to using a checkout of the mainline Mercurial
repository and using default branch. I am hoping that Bill will move to
creating a new release soon. This will then appear on Arch and Fedora
Rawhide fairly quickly I suspect. Debian will be ages yet as it is
still in Debian 9 lockdown.  Ubuntu and Mint, well who knows.

I can recommend using SCons from the mainline repository. I use it with
alias:

alias scons="python3 /home/users/russel/Repositories/Mercurial/Forks/SCons/src/script/scons.py

but, obviously, that only works for my location of the clone.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk