[Scons-users] Deducing dependencies from command lines

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Tue Jun 6 10:16:33 EDT 2017

On 06/06/2017 07:51 AM, Tom Tanner (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) wrote:
> I did - that build line is what is executed. current the wrapper is inserted by modifying the value of the CC env. variable
>
> From: mats at wichmann.us At: 06/06/17 14:23:46
> To: Tom Tanner (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON), scons-users at scons.org
> Subject: Re: [Scons-users] Deducing dependencies from command lines
>
> On 06/06/2017 04:32 AM, Tom Tanner (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) wrote:
>> We have come across a situation where we want to wrap our C/C++ compiler in a
> script, so the command line has changed from
>>
>>     g++ -o thing.o thing.cc

>>     wrapper.py g++ -o thing.o thing.cc

As a completely non-scons-specific comment, as I've done this kind of
thing elsewhere: make wrapper be able to "detect" which compiler driver
it's going to call by its own name, and then do that, e.g. CC=wrapc,
CXX=wrapcxx, FORTRAN=wrapf - and then the wrapper supplies the actual
driver command based on context.