[Scons-users] Deducing dependencies from command lines

Tom Tanner (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) ttanner2 at bloomberg.net
Tue Jun 6 09:51:45 EDT 2017

I did - that build line is what is executed. current the wrapper is inserted by modifying the value of the CC env. variable

From: mats at wichmann.us At: 06/06/17 14:23:46
To: Tom Tanner (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON), scons-users at scons.org
Subject: Re: [Scons-users] Deducing dependencies from command lines

On 06/06/2017 04:32 AM, Tom Tanner (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) wrote:
> We have come across a situation where we want to wrap our C/C++ compiler in a
script, so the command line has changed from

>     g++ -o thing.o thing.cc

>     wrapper.py g++ -o thing.o thing.cc
>
> I'm in a bit of a quandary as I can't work out how to make wrapper.py a
dependency of every c++ (and C and fortran...) compilation. Currently it ain't.

> How'd I go about doing this?

maybe modify the settings of the build lines?

e.g. I see currently this is set my environment for the three languages
you mention:

  'CCCOM': '$CC -o $TARGET -c $CFLAGS $CCFLAGS $_CCCOMCOM $SOURCES',
  'CXXCOM': '$CXX -o $TARGET -c $CXXFLAGS $CCFLAGS $_CCCOMCOM $SOURCES',
  'FORTRANCOM': '$FORTRAN -o $TARGET -c $FORTRANFLAGS $_FORTRANINCFLAGS
$_FORTRANMODFLAG $SOURCES',