[Scons-users] scons-local-2.5.1 build and clean shows random failure

Hua Yanghao huayanghao at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 11:09:02 EDT 2017

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 5:01 PM, Bill Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com> wrote:
> I need a taskmaster trace file from a failing build.
> A trace from a build which doesn't fail doesn't show the issue.

The trace I attached in previous email *is* from a failed "clean" job.
e.g. currently only scons -c can reproduce this issue for me.
the Build job (without -c) can create the issue too I remember very
clearly just much harder.

> By default all directories depend on file in that directory.
>
> Try adding the following to this line:
>
> desc = desc + \
>     "  Internal Error: no cycle found for node %s (%s) in state %s\n" %  \
>     (node, repr(node), StateString[node.get_state()])
>
> + [n.get_abspath() for n in self.pending_children] + nclist

Cannot concatenate str and list object, I modifed the line to:

1038             else:
1039                 desc = desc + \
1040                     "  Internal Error: no cycle found for node %s
(%s) in state %s\n" %  \
1041                     (node, repr(node), StateString[node.get_state()]) \
1042                     + str([n.get_abspath() for n in
self.pending_children]) + str(nclist)

And it gives the following error:

scons: *** Found dependency cycle(s):
  Internal Error: no cycle found for node output/linux64_full
(<SCons.Node.FS.Dir object at 0x5622e70f6ee0>) in state pending
['/home/hua/git/usw/output/linux64_full'][(<SCons.Node.FS.Dir object
at 0x5622e70f6ee0>, None)]
File "/home/hua/git/usw/tools/scons-local-2.5.1/SCons/Taskmaster.py",
line 1044, in cleanup

Where output is the global output folder, output/linux64_full is the
config output folder.