[Scons-users] scons-local-2.5.1 build and clean shows random failure

Hua Yanghao huayanghao at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 10:53:16 EDT 2017

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 4:49 PM, Bill Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 7:45 AM, Hua Yanghao <huayanghao at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 4:43 PM, Bill Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com>
>> wrote:
>> > I need a taskmaster trace from a parallel build which fails to be able
>> > see more about what's happening.
>>
>> I log I attached before is from a parallel build!
>
> From a failing parallel build?

Sorry that was from a parallel clean. I will try to reproduce a
failure on parallel build
(don't remember if the build have the same issue). but isn't a
parallel clean even
a simpler case and easier to debug?

>> > A single thread build after a failed build doesn't yield any useful
>> > information.
>> >
>> > As a data point this issue is not that widespread as parallel build is
>> > used
>> > widely without issue.
>>
>> I will either try to fix this issue in scons or I will abandon it :-)
>> I hope you could help me as well :-)
>>
>> > Are you using SideEffects()?
>>
>> Yes I am using it.
>

> Are there any SideEffects pointing at directories and not files?
> Or pointing into the directory indicated in the non loop?

It is pointing to a output folder:
output/linux64_full/linux64_full.map
(which is a generated memory map from linking).

The failure is pointing to the output/linux64_full folder only.