[Scons-users] Can we create folder in visual studio solution?

Pierre-Luc Boily pierreluc.boily at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 09:20:32 EST 2017

Thx William,

Looking at scons download number, we are no so much on windows platform, and
I guess even less using msvs builder ;(  Sad because really useful.

Regarding msvs solution builder, I looked into the code and there is nothing
related to nested projects.  We should find something like this :

self.file.write(GlobalSection(NestedProjects) = preSolution...............)

I guess I could try to add this feature myself!  The builder could be like
this :

env.MSVSSolution(target = 'mySln' + env['MSVSSOLUTIONSUFFIX'],
                          projects = projectA + projectB + projectC,
                          nestedProject = {'level1' : projectA,
'level1/level2' : projectB, 'levelA/levelB' : projectC}
                          variant = ('Debug|Win32', 'Debug|x64')))

Pierre-Luc