[Scons-users] How to correclty use MSVS builder

Pierre-Luc Boily pierreluc.boily at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 12:53:52 EST 2017

I'll answer myself.  Any comments are welcome if I am wrong

So, I think I understood why MSVSProject generates 2 vcxproject files : one
in src and one in variant dir.  Because I am using variant dir, MSVSProject
has to generate in this folder, but it has to generate a vcxproject in src
dir too, because all sources are located there!  It make senses.

But then, why the target returns by MSVSProject points to variant dir?  It
should point to src dir instead?

For the moment, I did some ugly workaround for my sln file to work correclty
: http://pastebin.com/jZzjuAeU.  Instead of using target to create the sln
file, I am specifying the whole path the the vcxproject file, with the
extension hard-coded..  It is not elegant as passing the created target.

Regarding my previous post, I am still wondering why Default(Alias('msvs',
env.MSVSProject(...))) returns an empty target.

thx