[Scons-users] How to correclty use MSVS builder

Pierre-Luc Boily pierreluc.boily at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 09:58:36 EST 2017

I've made some progress, I resolved some of my questions, but I have new
ones.

Now, my SConstruct takes care of creating the sln file at the root of the
project :

vcxprojList = []
for script in getSConscript():
    #SConscript imports and appends vcxproject in vcxprojList
    SConscript(str(script).strip(), exports='envService vcxprojList',
variant_dir=myVariantDir, duplicate=0)

Alias('msvs', env.MSVSSolution(target = 'faa_mxA' +
env['MSVSSOLUTIONSUFFIX'],
                                          projects = vcxprojList,
                                          variant = 'Debug'))

My SConscript creates 2 vcxproject, see : http://pastebin.com/wU5LhtKK

I am almost happy, but the sln file is incorrect, he tries to use vcxproject
from variant dir : http://pastebin.com/FSSrXE20

1 - I am still confused why the real vcxprojects are located in src dir and
there are dummy vcxprojects in variant dir.  sln file tries to use the dummy
vcxproject, which is incorrect.  Is it because MSVSProject cannot be used
with variant dir?

2 - I have another problem.  Default and Alias mechanism does not work as
intended with MSVSProject.  I want MSVSProject to be executed with 'msvs'
target. My SConscript http://pastebin.com/wU5LhtKK generates the output :

prj1 : ['libsr_sra_src_flatGui-debug.vcxproj',
'libsr_sra_src_flatGui-debug.vcxproj.filters']
prj2 : None
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
_GenerateV10DSP.Parse()
Adding 'FlatGuiSpeechController - Debug|Win32' to
'sr\sra\src\flatGui\FlatGuiSpeechController.vcxproj'

prj2 = Default(Alias...) returns a empty target while Default(Alias('msvc',
prj1)) is not executed!

What am I doing wrong here?