[Scons-users] CacheDir race

David Siroky ml at dasir.net
Sat Dec 30 13:35:47 EST 2017

Hi!

I'm running into following errors while using CacheDir and running
parallel jobs:

scons: *** [.....] AttributeError : 'EnvironmentError' object has no
attribute 'strerror'

scons: warning: Please upgrade your cache by running
scons-configure-cache.py /home/xxxx/.build_cache
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 801, in __bootstrap_inner

It happens only if the cache directory does not exist. I think the same
problem is described also here: http://bugs.nuitka.net/issue380

My working solution is to use a simple lock:
https://github.com/dsiroky/scons/commit/212fc5e8f35c98808a4275e00091f18d468e80af

Since there is a note about a hazard race I wonder - is the thread lock
good enough or are there any possible side effects?

Regards,
David