[Scons-users] SCons puts the quoted LINKFLAGS value into the command line

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Sat Dec 30 00:32:44 EST 2017

No not a bug.

Spaces in LINKFLAGS isn't a bug.

For example.. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32468283/how-to-contain-
space-in-value-string-of-link-flag-when-using-go-build

This issue is best resolved in the SConstruct for this project.

Also note that the string specified violates the guidelines for LINKFLAGS
in the manpage.
LINKFLAGS

General user options passed to the linker. Note that this variable should
*not* contain -l (or similar) options for linking with the libraries listed
in $LIBS <http://scons.org/doc/production/HTML/scons-man.html#cv-LIBS>, nor
-L (or similar) library search path options that scons generates
automatically from $LIBPATH
<http://scons.org/doc/production/HTML/scons-man.html#cv-LIBPATH>. See
$_LIBFLAGS
<http://scons.org/doc/production/HTML/scons-man.html#cv-_LIBFLAGS> above,
for the variable that expands to library-link options, and$_LIBDIRFLAGS
<http://scons.org/doc/production/HTML/scons-man.html#cv-_LIBDIRFLAGS> above,
for the variable that expands to library search path options.