[Scons-users] Python 3 support

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Thu Apr 13 10:35:02 EDT 2017

On Thu, 2017-04-13 at 08:10 -0500, robert zeigler wrote:
> I have a project that is using scons under the hood. We are in the
> process
> of migrating our codebases to python 3. I'm curious: what are the
> major
> road blocks right and considerations for scons to support Python 3?
> I'm
> supposed to have a vacation in a couple of weeks and was thinking of
> spending some time working on the problem.

SCons is close to being ready to run on Python 3 – in fact it already
does for many builds, but it doesn't pass all the tests yet so cannot
be marketed as Python 2 and Python 3 compatible.

Many thanks to Bill Deegan for doing a lot of the leg work over the
last few months.

Any help getting pull requests to get rid of more failing tests always
welcome. However it is important that we all know who is doing what on
this to avoid duplication. So feel free to chip in on the developer
list.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk