[Scons-users] replacing ant with java

peterphonic pierreluc.boily at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 14:49:59 EDT 2016

1 - My  tree <http://pastebin.com/TfM6HMfc>  . (It is a fraction of our
project.  Java represent 1% of our code base, but make our -j4 fail )
2 -  rules_engine_main.sc <http://pastebin.com/tQUxVKE2>
3 -  rules_engine_model.sc <http://pastebin.com/4g1wT122>
4 -  rules_engine_utils.sc <http://pastebin.com/jR1RUQQw>
5 -  vac_model.sc <http://pastebin.com/RrDueyC9>

After carefully analyzing my SConscript, I saw problems in my logic, I
realized that I tried to recreate what we did for our Make system.

Our Make system :
- Build single threaded
- Was able to build sub part of our java code
- Calling main java make file was invoking a  build.xml
<http://pastebin.com/4aaxHmS5>   that was taking care or calling all
dependencies.

My Scons system
- When invoking scons -j4, scons invoke all SConscript above.  The problem
is the ant command in rules_engine_main.sc invoke compilation of model
component, while this same component is also invoke with ant command in
rules_engine_model.sc. So, it is compile twice at the same time!

What I should do is keep only rules_engine_main.sc.  This one (thru ant
build.xml) take care of compiling all dependencies.  I am gonna try this and
will be back later.

(P.S, if you see something bad in my .sc file, your comments are welcome.)

thx