[Scons-users] SCons vs Meson for Python projects

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sat Nov 26 05:25:55 EST 2016

Hello Gour, hello Russel,

Am 25.11.2016 um 17:00 schrieb Saša Janiška:
> Russel Winder <russel at winder.org.uk> writes:
>
>> Is SWIG a better way of constructing API adapters?
> I believe it’s more complicated.
>
>> I have given up on ReStructuredText, and now use Asciidoc when I do not
>> use LaTeX. I am unlikely ever to go back to ReStruturedText as the
>> source relies on being rendered in a monospace font to be usable, and I
>> only use proportional ones. Clearly this is my problem, but it stops me
>> being interested in Sphinx, and in the build frameworks for it. Sorry.
> There is support for AsciiDoc(tor) in SCons?

I'd really like to know where you go (documentation, Internet) when you
are searching for information like this? If you want to know whether a
certain toolchain is supported in SCons, either in the core or as
external Tool, what do you lookup first?

I'm asking this because our ToolsIndex on the Wiki lists a reST Tool,
and when searching for "scons asciidoc" I get a hit immediately.

Can we improve our documentation and our website in a way that would
make these informations easier to find for you? If yes, please make
concrete suggestions for this.

@Russel: Just out of curiosity, what's this thing with "monospaced vs
proportional" fonts in reSt exactly about? Can you give some pointers to
a description of the problem? I'm genuinely interested because I intend
to use reST a lot in the future and might even try to promote it at my
working place.