[Scons-users] My dependency tree is incorrect, I want to depends on IDL generation

Pierre-Luc Boily pierreluc.boily at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 12:33:33 EST 2016

Hello,

The following is what I try to do :
1 - With SCons Command, launch idlpp.exe executable to generates headers and
cpps for given idl file.  I want those files being generated directly in
/src dir/
2 - With  custom builder <http://pastebin.com/RvPH5CFw>  , copy header files
(from step 1) to LINK/include folder (public folder accessible for all
modules)
3 - With custom builder, copy remaining header files to LINK/include
4 - Use all cpp/h created at 1 and all already existing cpp/h , invoke SCons
Library to create the library.  Files are generated to variant dir

So far, what I tried to do :
A -  My SConscript <http://pastebin.com/XLjnqb5f>   give this  dependency
tree <http://pastebin.com/fawHavNS>  , I can clearly see a problem where
idlpp.exe is actually not invoked at all and does not appears anywhere in
the tree.  So, SCons is not aware that files are generated in src dir!

B -  My SConscript <http://pastebin.com/Z9LgnBka>   is almost same from A.
For my created target, I use relative path instead of absolute path (See
line 22 and 26.  The  tree <http://pastebin.com/4hqAKt4H>   is somewhat
better, I can see idlpp.exe being invoke and is present in the tree.  But :
b1 - Some pathes are incorrect
/build\debug\sr\speech\common_dds\win32\sr\speech\common_dds/ . As you can
see, path /common_dds/ appear twice.
b2 - SCons still think that generated file from IDL are located in variant
dir.  It it not true, they are in src dir

So, my questions :
1 - Is it possible to inform SCons to have  idlpp.exe dependency below line
203(src dir) in the tree, instead of having dependency on variant dir?
2 - I think I have misunderstanding between on how create my target.  Should
I use absolute path or relative path (Knowing that idlpp.exe generates into
src dir...)

thx