[Scons-users] MSVC error

Stefan Seefeld stefan at seefeld.name
Wed Mar 30 20:58:11 EDT 2016

Hello,

I'm trying to build a library within a Windows 10 VM using MSVC.

During the configuration I get this error (as recorded in config.log):

  cl /Fo.sconf_temp\conftest_0.obj /c .sconf_temp\conftest_0.cpp /TP /O2
/EHsc /MD /Zi /I. /IC:\Python27\include
  conftest_0.cpp
  cl : Command line error D8050 : cannot execute 'C:\Program Files
(x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\BIN\amd64\c1xx.dll':
  failed  to get command line into debug records

When I then try to reproduce the error by manually invoking `cl...`, I
see the command actually succeeding (i.e., the .obj file is created
successfully).

Has anyone else run into similar issues with scons / MSVC ?

Thanks,
        Stefan