[Scons-users] Problems with ParseFlags()

Fred Wright fw at fwright.net
Sun Mar 27 17:50:23 EDT 2016

On Sun, 27 Mar 2016, William Blevins wrote:

> I read some more about pkg-config files and I think my assumption was
> completely wrong since the two options are just different variable outputs.

Correct.  The difference is about the content, not the presentation.  And
you can specify both to get both sets of content.

The fact that the linker is usually run via the compiler, even when it's
not compiling anything, plus the fact that the linker takes very
different options when run directly, adds considerably to the confusion.

Fred Wright