[Scons-users] enscons & tox

Daniel Holth dholth at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 21:30:45 EDT 2016

Got the enscons project far enough along that it can build a CPython
extension https://bitbucket.org/dholth/cryptacular on Windows, OSX and
Linux and run tox on the result, emulating the annoying "setup.py install
--many-options" by calling out to pip. Also ported a little Rust Python
extension example to the system, which is probably more interesting because
distutils doesn't have a nice way to do that.
https://github.com/dholth/hello-pyrust . Making it pretty may come later,
it isn't now.

How do I avoid this warning about different environments?

scons: warning: Two different environments were specified for target
dist/hello_pyrust-0.1.0-cp35-cp35m-linux_x86_64.whl, but they appear to
have the same action: zip(target, source, env)

I tried changing my tool to only build the zip file the first time
SConstruct calls env.Whl() to add non-metadata files to the wheel rather
than when the tool is initialized, but the error persists.

Any plans to port Ant Glob to SCons, perhaps the WAF implementation?

Thanks,

Daniel