[Scons-users] [DKIM] Re: Manual missing sections? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Hoyles Matthew Matthew.Hoyles at ga.gov.au
Fri Jul 8 02:34:46 EDT 2016

Hello William,

Sorry in advance for additions to the subject line of this email – nothing I can do about it, alas.

To expand a bit on what I was saying, I think the confusion here is caused by references ‘See section “Action Objects,” below’ in the User Manual, when the Action Objects section is actually in the man page (a separate document). There are three references like this in Appendix D of the User Manual. I guess most users start with the User Manual and only look at the man page when they need to, and so get confused when they come across these references – that is certainly what happened to me.

I suggest replacing the references to ‘See section “Action Objects,” below’ *in the User Manual* with ‘See section “Action Objects,” in the man page’. I agree that the Action Objects section is definitely present in the man page, and very useful too.

Cheers,
Matthew