[Scons-users] Asciidoc sample chapter (was Re: Asidoc sample chapter)

Saša Janiška gour at atmarama.com
Mon Jan 11 04:16:15 EST 2016

On Pon, 2016-01-11 at 09:29 +0100, Dirk Bächle wrote:

> My appetite is (only) somewhat whettened.

:-)

> I had a first look a the document, and all entities (like &SCons;) are
> gone and haven't bee retrieved correctly. I assume this is easy to
> fix? And I'm also missing the "scons_example" parts from the original
> document.

I'll take a closer look...probably those entities are included from
somewhere else and/or it's due to non-standard DoCBook?

> Yes, I agree. Please work on this some more, you'll have to provide a
> full replacement anyway...so better start with the critical
> issues first.

Will do according my time constraints and I still have to decide between
SCons and CMake...

> Isn't AsciiDoctor written in Ruby? If yes, this would add another
> dependency to our toolchain...which might be tolerable but it's
> certainly a point to discuss.

Yes, original AsciiDoc is Python, while AsciiDoctor (mostly compatible)
is Ruby, but with ~25x speedup.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Everyone is forced to act helplessly according to the qualities
he has acquired from the modes of material nature; therefore no