[Scons-users] Sphinx builder

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sat Jan 9 08:19:32 EST 2016

Hi,

On 07.01.2016 11:57, Saša Janiška wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as part of the project I plan to use rst/Sphinx for build documentation
> and I've found the
> following: https://bitbucket.org/zondo/sphinx-scons/overview where is it
> said: "This package is in the process of being reimplemented from
> scratch as SCons_Sphinx_.  This will be a standard SCons "tool"---i.e.,
> one that you can use as part of a larger project.", but I can't see it
> listed as standard tool.

the tools index at

   https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons/wiki/ToolsIndex

lists two different Sphinx tools, and there is also a repo at

   https://bitbucket.org/russel/scons_sphinx

. All these are in a state of "external tool" (meaning that they aren't developed and maintained together with the core sources),
and integrating them as "standard" extension would require one of the repo maintainers to contact the core devs. In addition to
expressing his wish for his Sphinx tool to be delivered with the default distributions of SCons, he would have to add proper
documentation and tests with it.
To my knowledge this hasn't happened so far...
For the current status of the single repos (are they still developed actively?) you may want to contact the respective owner of each.