[Scons-users] HOWTO model a test suite using SCons

Stefan Seefeld stefan at seefeld.name
Fri Jan 1 02:15:58 EST 2016

On 31.12.2015 19:19, Bill Deegan wrote:
> Stefan,
>
> What are the command line(s) to run the test(s) and to compile the
> output/reports?

That isn't quite decided yet. Some tests simply require a C++ source
file to be compiled into a binary (a python extension module), and some
python script to be executed. Some require a python "doctest" to be
executed.
Individual tests are already working. All I want now is a way to
organize these tests into suites so I can run these suites by name. And
since the normal output is quite noisy, I want to have a generated
report with outcomes, for convenience.
And ideally I would also be able to list the tests without running them,
somewhat similar to `scons -n test-suite`, but again without all the
verbose output typically printed, only the test names.

Thanks,
        Stefan