[Scons-users] My tree is different when calling --tree from sub-folder and from root

Pierre-Luc Boily pierreluc.boily at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 13:42:21 EST 2016

There is something about --tree that confused me.

Depending if I am calling --tree on a sub-folder (scons -u --tree) or from
the root (scons --tree), my tree is not the same.  And more strangely, scons
-u doesn't detect that he needs to build something.

Result --tree from sub-folder : http://pastebin.com/f9W6sK6r
Result --tree from root : http://pastebin.com/0G98ERpB

My SConscript file : http://pastebin.com/H58iVTpE
My pseudo-builder creating the targets : http://pastebin.com/zNk2sXW8

As you can see, targets path (_get_verbyx_target) that I give to Command (in
buildGrammarForVrx) are absolute path.   Then, I don't understand why
env.Command not kicks in when I call from sub-folder.

How could I rearrange my targets in order to make scons -u working
correctly?

thank you!