[Scons-users] Need clarifications about --implicit-deps-unchanged

Pierre-Luc Boily pierreluc.boily at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 15:01:25 EST 2016

Not entirely

So, you said, about  --implicit-deps-unchange option "*.... or any files
included there in*"

That's the thing about my mis-understanding.
1 - I changed MaxsimAdapter.h (located in sr/sra/maxsim ->
libsr_sra_maxsim.lib)
2 - flatUI program includes MaxsimAdapter.h and depends (with LIB) on
libsr_sra_maxsim.lib
3 - Launch scons -u -j4 --max-drift=1 --implicit-deps-unchanged within
sr/sra/src/flatui
4 - I can see in the scons output MaxsimAdapter.h being recompiled.

Reading the definition of the --implicit-deps-unchanged I was expecting
scons to NOT recompiled MaxsimAdapter.h.

My guess is MaxsimAdapter.h is not a dependency the way it is described.

thx!