[Scons-users] .Sbr file

Pierre-Luc Boily pierreluc.boily at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 10:02:18 EST 2016

Hello,

Our SCons build system generates *gigabyte *of sbr files.  We think this
might slow down the compilation time and we were wondering if it is possible
(and desirable) to turn this option of.  I found the microsoft page talking
about /Fr option.  I also found  this old scons page
<http://osdir.com/ml/programming.tools.scons.devel/2005-03/msg00013.html>
talking about this option.  I check into the Dump() of my environment and i
can't find the option.

So :
1 - Is it possible to turn SBR file generation off?
2 - Is it desirable? (my assumption is totally yes in case of release build)
3 - Is it desirable if I want to use MSVSProject and MSVSSolution builder?

Thx