[Scons-users] Problem with Repository build

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sat Aug 6 06:43:24 EDT 2016

Martin,

I checked the log files a bit, thanks for providing them. To me it looks
as if the file "MilleData.os" doesn't have any children assigned, when
compiling/building the full package.
This seems to be a problem elsewhere, possibly throwing an exception
during startup...leading to uninitialized nodes in the internal tree
representation.

Here's what you can do to track this further down:

- Check all your custom Scanners and Emitters (if you have any) and
ensure that they test for the existence of the current File Node, before
trying to open it and reading its contents.
- Try trimming down CPPPATH to a minimum set for compiling the
"MilleData" package only, and see if this makes the error go away too.
If yes, it would imply that the problem is related to scanning in a way.
- Finally, run the build until the first exception happens. For this,
you can comment out the setup/teardown of the sig_handler() and remove
the try/finally block in src/engine/SCons/Job.py, such that the run()
method looks like:

   def run(self, postfunc=lambda: None):
     self.job.start()
     postfunc()

If all of this fails, we'd have to discuss how I could get at the source
code. ;)