[Scons-users] Would requiring Python 2.7.4 or above be a problem for future release?

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Thu Nov 19 02:50:03 EST 2015

On Wed, 2015-11-18 at 20:23 +0000, William Blevins wrote:
> If we are requiring 2.7.X anyway, I don't think this is
> unreasonable.  Due
> to the OpenSSL issue resolved in 2.7.8, most users are probably using
> latest for security reasons regardless.

The higher the version of 2.7.x we can require, the easier it will be
to make a single code base Python 2 and Python 3 compliant. (More and
more stuff gets back ported to Python 2.7.x, so the higher the version
the more 3 stuff there is.)

I think we also need to say Pythons 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2 will *not* be
supported.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk