[Scons-users] Scons and ant

William Blevins wblevins001 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 00:24:21 EST 2015

Owen,

I have a general question though.  Why are you wrapping Ant with SCons?
What purpose does that serve?  Both Ant and SCons are full fledged build
tools perfectly capable of building Java on their own, though admittedly,
SCons runs into performance problems on large jars due to the amount of
smartness it tries to achieve.  Personally, I hate ANT scripts, so I will
take the trade-off any day.  Runaway Jar lib/jar size is a common sin in
practice anyway.

V/R,
William