[Scons-users] Removing object files

Christopher Dimech dimech.christopher at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 07:11:13 EDT 2015

I am using a separate .py file for a particular test. I need to
specify the .py file and then call -c. It does a clean in that
directory but does not build the program. Can one specify a clean in
the .py script before I rebuild my test program?

scons -f sct_membrane_meidum.py -c build/lib/behistun/

scons -f sct_membrane_meidum.py -c build/lib/behistun/
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Cleaning targets ...
Removed build/lib/behistun/larsa/core_larsa.o
Removed build/lib/behistun/larsa/numset_larsa.o
Removed build/lib/behistun/larsa/strqry_larsa.o
Removed build/lib/behistun/meidum/interval_meidum.o
Removed build/lib/behistun/meidum/membrane_meidum.o
Removed build/lib/behistun/susa/numqry_susa.o
Removed build/lib/behistun/susa/numtrf_susa.o
scons: done cleaning targets.

On 12 July 2015 at 11:44, Dirk Bächle <tshortik at gmx.de> wrote:
> Christopher,
>
> On 12.07.2015 11:16, Christopher Dimech wrote:
>>
>> I have many programs being build under the same directory tree.
>>
>> For example, I would be running scons to build a test for susa only.
>> Or I am creating another test  for interval that is part of the meidum
>> set of functionality.
>>
>> I might only want to perform a clean for the current test, leaving the
>> rest intact.
>>

> as I tried to hint at with the example command
>

>>>   scons -c build
>>>

> you can always explicitly specify the single targets that you care about in
> a build run. If you then add a "-c" only those targets get cleaned, and not
> the whole build tree. Combined with defining proper Alias()es for the single
> "packages" that you create, this should be what you want I suppose?
>

> Best regards,
>
> Dirk

Christopher Dimech