[Scons-users] scons 64bit Windows installer questions

Thomas Berg merlin66b at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 15:24:09 EST 2015

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 8:55 PM, Dirk Bächle <tshortik at gmx.de> wrote:

> But the documentation is part of a "full" build actually. There is PR
> #204, trying to cut down the package restrictions a bit under Windows...so
> this might get things working for you, once it's properly integrated.
> Apart from that, to my knowledge the complete packaging process was always
> Linux-only...and recalling the required packages for the previous
> documentation toolchain (jw, sgml, ...) I find it hard to believe that
> anyone got this ever working under Windows. ;)

Agreed, the full documentation toolchain is probably difficult to get
running on Windows. But in older revisions of the scons source it was
indeed possible to just run scons, and you would get a working installer
(which finds the 64 bit python, copies the correct scripts into
Python27/Scripts and installs the package into slite-packages). I just
tested the scons-1.2.0 tree, and the resulting
build/scons/dist/scons-1.2.0.win-amd64.exe installer works!