[Scons-users] Building serf

Chen, Peter Peter.Chen at itg.com
Fri Feb 27 21:26:20 EST 2015

Hi all,

Using SCons-2.3.4 to build serf-1.3.8 on a sparc-solaris2.10. Using gcc-4.2.4

I've ran into a couple of issues and they seem to be related to my environment variables.

I was initially stuck on the build command:
scons APR=/Path/to/APR APU=/Path/to/APU OPENSSL=/Path/to/openssl PREFIX=/My/Install/path...

kept getting a libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory

I set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the SConstruct file (env['ENV']['LD_LIBRARY_PATH'] = '/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib')

That helped me get past the build command; however, now I'm having issues w/ "scons check"

Now I get this error:

scons check
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
/home/local/Python/sparc-solaris2.10/2.7.9/bin/python build/check.py
ld.so.1: python2.7: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed
scons: *** [check] Error 137

I attempted to add the suggestion from this post: https://code.google.com/p/serf/issues/detail?id=149

However, that didn't seem to solve my issues. Am I setting an environment variable wrong?

Thanks!

Peter

This message is for the named person's use only. This communication is for informational purposes only and has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but it is not necessarily complete and its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. It is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. Moreover, this material should not be construed to contain any recommendation regarding, or opinion concerning, any security. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.

Securities products and services provided to Canadian investors are offered by ITG Canada Corp. (member CIPF and IIROC - Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada), an affiliate of Investment Technology Group, Inc.

Investment research products and services are produced and offered by ITG Investment Research, Inc. and not ITG Inc. (a FINRA member firm and SIPC member).

For CANADIANS Only: In accordance with the Canadian AntiSpam Legislation, ITG Canada has implied consent from you as a member of the investment community with whom we have already established a relationship through business discussions or dealings, or your email address was made available to ITG. However, if you are Canadian and wish to stop receiving ANY emails from ITG, please click on this button Unsubscribe <mailto:can-casl at itg.com?subject=Unsubscribe>. Please note that this does not apply if you are an existing client, and IIROC & OSC rules & regulations require us to continue to send you critical email communications

ITG Inc. and/or its affiliates reserves the right to monitor and archive all electronic communications through its network.

ITG Inc. Member FINRA, SIPC