[Scons-users] Adding new platforms

Kenny, Jason L jason.l.kenny at intel.com
Thu Feb 26 14:50:17 EST 2015

I will let Gary talk about his thoughts…

In Parts extension to SCons I have added an API to deal with this. We have a notion of a SystemPlatform object that you can extend. We do this at my day job as we need to add stuff for the PHI ( K1OM) cards and we needed to view BSD differently from linux as a build platform. If what I have in Parts  is useful for you can extend it with a custom platform. There is an API that you would call to add information about new platform.   The trick is that you will have to use HOST_PLATFORM or TARGET_PLATFORM to get at these values as I did not want to overwrite the SCons PLATFORM value

Jason