[Scons-users] using Configure Contexts

Stefan Seefeld stefan at seefeld.name
Fri Dec 25 11:53:21 EST 2015

I'm trying to understand the appropriate use of configure contexts. A
call to 'Configure()' yields a SCons.SConf.SconfBase object, while what
is passed in to 'custom checks' (Section 23.8 in the User's Guide) as
'context' turns out to be of type 'Scons.Sconf.CheckContext. What is the
relationship between these two types ? They don't have the same API
(even though they seem quite similar in many ways), and it isn't
entirely clear to me how to use them properly.

Thanks,
        Stefan