[Scons-users] Tracing the loading of SConscript files

Stefan Seefeld stefan at seefeld.name
Thu Dec 24 15:30:28 EST 2015

On 24.12.2015 15:22, Bill Deegan wrote:
> Stefan,
>
> So something like --debug=sconscript  and then it would print out the
> location of the file(s) being loaded?
Yes, basically a little elaboration where by default I only see "scons:
done reading SConscript files."  (Sorry for being vague on the details -
I don't understand the exact mechanism by which these files are being
looked up. That's the point why I'm asking for it. :-) )
> I'm not sure what the second item would look like, can you be more
> specific?

Yeah, I'm not very clear, sorry for that ! I just noticed during my
debugging that something *in* a SConscript file was messing up the state
so a subsequent call to VariantDir() would cause an error (as reported).
I still don't know what exactly that was; I just managed to rewrite my
code to work.
I was hoping that some information about the internal state as these
SConscript files are being processed might reveal the error in my code
more easily.

Thanks,
        Stefan