[Scons-users] Previous build information lost with ProtoBuilder/Gch interaction

Carl Cerecke carl.cerecke at compacsort.com
Thu Aug 6 19:07:58 EDT 2015

Actually, the source of the problem isn't in ProtocBuilder, but in
Gch. It has this section of code in the emitter:

    SCons.Defaults.StaticObjectEmitter( target, source, env )
    scanner = SCons.Scanner.C.CScanner()
    path = scanner.path(env)

    deps = scanner(source[0], env, path)    # <-------- This is the problem line

That last line is the one causing error messages like "scons: Cannot
explain why `output/libGch1.o' is being rebuilt: No previous build
information found"

The error message happens even if I'm not using precompiled headers at
all, but just including the builder with env.Tool('gch') in a
SConscript that uses something else that generates .cc files.

I haven't quite figured out how to fix it yet though. I'll keep searching....

--
Carl Cerecke
Senior Software Developer

Direct: +64 (9) 929 2572