[Scons-users] feature request: gcc support for AIX

Malek,Christophe [CMC] Christophe.Malek at ec.gc.ca
Thu Aug 6 11:28:15 EDT 2015

Hi Bill,

The usual configure, make, make install process seems to do the opposite and tries gcc and only afterwards native compilers. Meaning that if people have both compilers available and mix build tools then they will end up with different compilers when using the different build tools. Such as my case when building Subversion. The apache portable runtime gets built with gcc when using the standard configure, make, install process, but then SCons defaults to xlc when building serf. This causes quite a few problems.

Thanks, I will try applying the below patch to the serf SConstruct script.

- Chris