[Scons-users] skip_tools in Environment?

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Wed Aug 5 16:17:23 EDT 2015

Bill,

On 05.08.2015 22:11, Bill Deegan wrote:
> Dirk,
>
> I agree, but I'm guessing I could knock out a tool black list in an afternoon including tests and documentations, and the new
> toolchain logic is still a work in progress.
>
> We have slots, and the cross-language scanner logic queued up to get to default and then released as well. I'm guessing new
> toolchain logic would be a major release and should wait until (at least) after slots, if not also after the scanner logic.
>
> I was just trading emails on the list with the guy about aix and gcc, and the thought of black list and it's simplicity to implement
> and roll out came to mind..

I certainly see your point(s), but I'm not convinced yet. ;) Adding "another" workaround to compete with the improved toolchain
design later on, just doesn't feel right to me. I like well-defined paths, clear guidelines...because these are also easier to teach
and explain to users.

But these are just my very personal 2cents, so if you feel like hacking on a proposal for this...just do it.