[Scons-users] placing object files to one common directory

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Wed Apr 29 03:28:22 EDT 2015

Bill,

On 29.04.2015 00:57, Bill Deegan wrote:
> Endre,
>
> If all you are trying to do is ensure that the object dirs aren't in the source dirs, then you can just use a VariantDir for each
> source dir.
> No need to do anything more complicated than that.

I think the point here is that Endre wants to have all the objects from different source directories, landing in just *one*
dedicated target folder for the binaries/objects.
So, VariantDir won't help that much...

SCons tip of the day: Please stop using VariantDir() directly, but use the "variant_dir=" option of the SConscript call instead. It
makes things easier for you in the long run, and helps to educate other users too! Thanks!