[Scons-users] problem with "-j" option

Tom Lippincott tom.lippincott at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 12:35:15 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

Recently I've noticed that some of my custom builders refuse to run in
parallel with the "-j" option: they just execute serially.  Others
behave as expected.  I was wondering what could cause this/how to track
it down.  My current hypothesis is that something in their
implementation, or in the libraries they use, involves some sort of
shared-state that SCons detects and therefore refuses to parallelize.
Has anyone seen/resolved similar issues, or know where I should look?

Thanks!

-Tom