[Scons-users] Using Python 2.5

Rob Boehne robb at datalogics.com
Wed Apr 15 16:37:58 EDT 2015

Yes, it is.

Running with newer pythons give me errors like this:

TypeError: sequence item 0: expected string, _ListOption found:

  File "/Volumes/Development/apdfl-sandbox/DLE/SConstruct", line 1556:

    env.Append(DOXYLANGLIST=' '.join(env.get('LANGLIST')))

Build completed with status 2

And this:

TypeError: unhashable type: 'NodeList':

  File "/Volumes/Development/apdfl-sandbox/DLE/SConstruct", line 1730:

    libraries = swigenv.SConscript('SWIG.scons', exports={'env': swigenv}, build_dir="$BUILDDIR", duplicate=0)

  File "/Volumes/Development/apdfl-sandbox/python2.6-env-robs-mbp/lib/python2.6/site-packages/scons-0.97p5-py2.6.egg/scons-0.97p5/SCons/Script/SConscript.py", line 520:

    return apply(_SConscript, [self.fs,] + files, subst_kw)

I have attempted to fix these issues directly, but there are so many of them, and I'm not familiar enough with scons to know if it will change (i.e. Break) the build.  I would rather not have to update the usage in thousands of lines of scons usage, simultaneously updating python and scons.  That would be a big project with significant risk.  If I can update one thing and get it to work, then I can go through and update each thing separately, keeping them working along the way.

So if you have a better idea of how to fix this issue, for example by correcting the usage in scons (before updating any versions of the tools) I would be happy to hear them.

Rob