[Scons-users] Running env.Execute in parallel?

Arvid Rosén arvid at softube.com
Mon Sep 29 04:43:23 EDT 2014

Hi!

I have a large build which ends up with a Mac bundle which needs to be manipulated into several different versions. Handling dependencies turned out to be tricky, so I just execute a python function using env.Command(), and this function uses env.Execute() to call external tools.

This process takes some time and would benefit from parallel processing, so my question: Can I use env.Execute() in parallel in some SCons-friendly manner, ideally respecting the num_jobs flag?

Best Regards,
Arvid