[Scons-users] Trouble installing package on a supercomputer.

Kenny, Jason L jason.l.kenny at intel.com
Wed Sep 10 15:16:09 EDT 2014

HI,

Looks like you are using the MPI compiler. SCons ( and my extension Parts) don’t directly support the MPI compiler at the moment via a tool. From what I see below it look like you the path needed for the license to be seen by the compiler is missing.

There are two ways to fix this.

1)      Add the intelc tool to the toolchain you are using. This should setup the stuff needed to find the license file.

2)      The script you would normally run to source the path to run this compiler would add a variable INTEL_LICENSE_FILE to the shell environment. If you take this value and add it to the env[“EVV”] value the compiler should work. Form below I think this added line should work.
        "overrides" : {
                    "ENV" : {
"LIBRARY_PATH":os.environ["LIBRARY_PATH"],
"LD_LIBRARY_PATH":os.environ["LD_LIBRARY_PATH"],
"CPATH":os.environ["CPATH"],
"PATH":os.environ["PATH"],
"MODULEPATH":os.environ["MODULEPATH"],
"MODULESHOME":os.environ["MODULESHOME"],
“INTEL_LICENSE_FILE”: os.environ[“INTEL_LICENSE_FILE”],
                }
        },

Hope this helps
Jason