[Scons-users] Fwd: Cleaning only certain built objects

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Fri Nov 14 11:36:02 EST 2014

On 14.11.2014 16:16, Jean Duthon wrote:
> Sorry for not being clear at first.
>
> I was afraid of that answer but thought it was that way...
>
> The bad thing is that I could not run a full scons --Test which build
> the lib if it does not exist.

Well, at some point you have to decide whether you want a dependency to
the lib...or not. ;)
In these cases, where you want to run a series of steps independent of
any changes, a simple script is still a valid approach. You can wrap the
two separate calls to "scons" (creates the libs) and "scons -f
SConstruct.tests" into a single script, named "scons-test" for example.

There are parts and tasks that should be done in SCons, because they
deal with handling and detecting implicit dependencies, which is what
SCons is extremely good at. And there are things, like doing a full
build first and only then execute all test executables, which aren't
that easy to model. Then, a script is just the right tool for the
job...at least in my opinion.

Regards,