[Scons-users] Installation of scons-2.3.3/4 fails but SCons-2-3.0 works proper

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Mon Nov 10 10:12:57 EST 2014

Christopher,

On 10.11.2014 16:05, Christopher.Korr at t-systems.com wrote:
> Hi Dirk,
>
> OK, I'll install Python version 2.6.
>
> My information was fetched from
>
> root at q4de3qsy126 /install/scons-2.3.4
> # less README.txt | grep "Python version"
> Running SCons requires Python version 2.4 or later.  There should be
>
> This file is part of the download file scons-2.3.4.tar.gz form http://www.scons.org
>
> I admit, that I did not check your recommendation README.rst nor the http://bitbucket.org/scons/scons, but I was not aware of it at this time. Next time I'll do it.

no problem, and thanks for your quick reply and feedback. It'll help to
fix the misleading information...even if it's not at one of the main
entry points to our documentation, important details like version
numbers should be consistent throughout the whole project. We'll check
on our side and see what can be done about it.

Regards,