[Scons-users] SConsolidator

Tom Cook tom.k.cook at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 20:32:59 EST 2014

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 11:17 AM, Dirk Bächle <tshortik at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 06.11.2014 01:36, Tom Cook wrote:
>>
>> Hi Dirk,
>>
>> Thanks.  Yes, I've looked there.  The maven compile succeeds.  Sorry
>> for not being very specific.  What I can't figure out is how to load
>> the result into a running Eclipse.
>
> Not sure what you mean by "result" here, and I'm not a Java/Eclipse expert.
> From the context, my guess would be that you don't know how to "import" your
> newly compiled Sconsolidator into a running Eclipse instance to actually try
> it out. Is that it? Then, you should look for something like a JAR file that
> got created by the Maven/Tycho build and copy it to the "plugins" folder of
> your local Eclipse installation (since it's a plugin, right?).

Yes, that's what I'm trying to figure out.  It's been a long time
(about five years) since I did any Eclipse plugin development and most
of it has leaked out of my head in the meantime.

I've eventually figured out how to do this.  After then 'mvn compile'
mentioned in the README, you then need to 'mvn package'.  Then add
SConsolidator/ch.hsr.ifs.sconsolidator.updates/target/repository/ as a
local plugin repository and install as per normal.  I'll add some
changes to the README to my pull request when I get that far.

Thanks for getting my brain into gear.
Tom