[Scons-users] [c++] Automatically choosing sources for linking

scottd scottd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 19:26:08 EDT 2014

Did this ever make it to the wiki? I was just looking at SCons (along with
other build systems) and wondering if there was an easy way to do exactly
this...very happy when I found an identical question answered just recently
in the email archives.

Having to manually list all the objects that have to go into each executable
is pretty stupid when some huge fraction of C and C++ projects can have them
computed from the automatically detected #includes with a tiny bit of "if
foo.h is included, also include everything included by foo.c if it exists as
a link-time dependency" hackery. If I can do this easily with SCons, then I
am definitely switching to SCons.