[Scons-users] Second build of target omitting source file from compiler invocation on Windows

Andrew C. Morrow andrew.c.morrow at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 15:19:27 EST 2014

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 2:54 PM, Dirk Bächle <tshortik at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Andrew,

> here a first few ideas:

> - Is the name of the source file in question really all lowercase (or are

> there uppercase chars inside)?

All lower case:
https://github.com/mongodb/mongo-cxx-driver/blob/legacy/src/mongo/client/include_dbclienth_test.cpp

> - Can you check what happens when you do the same build in the source

> tree, so with no variant_dir set?

- Looks like you are using "duplicate=0" for your variant dirs. What

> happens when you set "duplicate=1"?

Unfortunately the surrounding build system appears to have baked in
assumptions about the existence of a variant directory and its
non-duplicated nature, so this isn't so easy to test in isolation.

I'll see what I can do.

Any other angles to pursue while I work on the above?