[Scons-users] Second build of target omitting source file from compiler invocation on Windows

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Fri Mar 7 14:54:07 EST 2014

Hi Andrew,

On 07.03.2014 20:41, Andrew C. Morrow wrote:

> I am experiencing a puzzling build issue, only on Windows, when using

> SCons 2.3.0.

> The first time I build the target, it builds correctly. But the second

> time I build the target (which has AlwaysBuild applied, so this is not

> a no-op), the source file name is strangely omitted from the compiler

> invocation.

> First invocation of build (from a clean tree), results in this

> command, which succeeds:

> [...]

> This target works as expected on Linux and OSX.

> Any suggestions or ideas?

here a first few ideas:

- Is the name of the source file in question really all lowercase (or
are there uppercase chars inside)?
- Can you check what happens when you do the same build in the source
tree, so with no variant_dir set?
- Looks like you are using "duplicate=0" for your variant dirs. What
happens when you set "duplicate=1"?