[Scons-users] Caching compiler side effects?

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Sun Jun 1 22:00:37 EDT 2014

Andrew,

Likely you need the emitter to add it as an output file.
SideEffect files are assumed to be "unimportant" and likely that's why they
are not cached.
SideEffect() is just meant to notify scons that "hey there's this other
file being output by this step, please be aware and among other thing don't
run steps which also produce this file at the same time.."

-Bill